There are many alternative cancer therapies available. The following descriptions encompass those which are most widely sought. There are additional therapies which we are adding on a second page that are not used as widely to treat cancer.
These listings do not imply an endorsement on the part of The Cancer Cure Foundation. They are included because of their popularity and are for informational purposes only.
For a more comprehensive review, we recommend taking a look at our books, audios, and videos page. Or, you can contact us for a free consultant, or go to one of the companies that offer fee based services.
The Cancer Cure Foundation does not recommend the abandonment of conventional therapies in favor of alternative therapies. That is a matter of personal choice based upon one's view of the nature of cancer. You should exercise caution before using any cancer treatment, whether conventional or alternative. Every therapy may have potential side effects and should not be used without consulting a health-care practitioner, especially if you are already using another form of therapy, or if you are pregnant or nursing.
ACID/ALKALINE BALANCE: This treatment is a combination of acid-neutralizing minerals like calcium and magnesium to supply proper mineralization and to correct the acid/alkaline balance of the body. Two proponents of this treatment are Carl J. Reich, M.D. and Bob Barefoot. In addition another approach is the use of Potassium, Rubidium and especially Cesium, which are alkaline elements. When taken, it is believed they alkalinize cancer cells (neutralize their acid nature). Cancer cells do not survive in the higher PH ranges and die off.
ADJUNCTIVE THERAPIES: Adjunctive therapies are used in conjunction with others. Most cancer patients are found to be deficient in selenium, so many doctors add it to their protocol. Therefore, it would be considered an "adjunctive therapy." Other adjunctive therapies would include: detoxification, specific vitamins and supplements like Vitamin C and Co-Q 10, water therapy, and nutrition balancing.
- Detoxification, the removal of toxins from the body, is considered by many clinics as a very important part of their treatment. A variety of approaches are used, including colon cleansing, fasting, chelation, water therapy, heat therapy, and nutritional, herbal, and homeopathic methods. Max Gerson introduced coffee into the enema procedure, which causes the liver to release stored up toxins into the digestive system to be eliminated. Increasing your water intake may be one of the best ways to get rid of toxins in the body.
- Nutritional therapy: Two types or approaches are emerging. One is a specialized combination of nutrients used as a targeted cancer therapy, depending on the individual needs of the patient. The other, which also depends on the needs of the patient, is a more general approach seeking to boost health and strength.
- Psychology and Psychotherapy, although used at most clinics, would be considered an adjunctive therapy. Psychological counseling, support groups and even psychotherapy make up a critically important aspect of therapy in the world's most successful cancer treatment centers. Some doctors have reported that a traumatic psychological event in a person's life may trigger the appearance of cancer one to two years later. Music, meditation, relaxation techniques, and stress reduction have proven to significantly enhance the power of the immune system. Some therapists include emotional and even spiritual counseling, not only for the person's regular life, but in dealing with the trauma of cancer. Biofeedback can also be used, where a person visualizes the immune cells of the body attacking the cancer cells.
AMYGDALIN (LAETRILE): When the natural substance called amygdalin is purified and concentrated for use in cancer therapy, it is called Laetrile. Amygdalin is extracted from apricot seeds and prepared in both tablet and injectable form. The injectable is more concentrated and capable of delivering higher doses in a shorter period of time. It is usually recommended at the onset of treatment for patients who are seriously ill. After several weeks or a month, if the patient responds well to treatment, the physician will reduce the dosage and prescribe tablets to replace injections. This therapy is usually used in conjunction with the proteolytic enzymes, a broad-spectrum nutritional program, and a diet calling for fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and the elimination of meat and dairy products for the duration of treatment. For more information go to our Laetrile information page.
ANTINEOPLASTONS: These are amino-acid compounds (called peptides) found in the blood and urine of healthy people but which are deficient in cancer patients. They were discovered in 1967 by Stanislaw Burzynski, M.D., Ph.D., while a graduate student in Poland. When Burzynski came to the United States to practice medicine, he patented a process for manufacturing these substances and began to administer them to cancer patients on the theory that they will cause cancer cells to revert back to normal cells. In spite of fierce opposition by the AMA and FDA, many patients claim that their cancers have been controlled by this treatment.
CAAT - Controlled Amino Acid Treatment is a novel nutritional approach to cancer treatment developed by Angelo P. John at A.P. John Cancer Institute.
CANCELL/CANTRON (ENTELE) and now Protocel: Cancell is a compound developed by James Sheridan around 1935. Although he obtained cure or remission rates from 70 - 80% in mice, the FDA would not allow him to go forward in full-scale testing or production. This product helps lower the overall energy of the body to help starve the cancer. The cancer dies from energy starvation and is cleaned up by the immune system. For the last 40 years he and another man, Ed Sopcak, of Michigan, privately made and gave away the product to cancer patients – all at their own expense. Today, the Sheridan family endorses Protocel as THE Cancell formula. For more information, call Bob Esh at (866) 962-8880.
ELLAGIC ACID: Ellagic Acid is a newly discovered extract derived from various fruits such as red berries and pomegranates. Tests conducted at the Hollings Cancer Institute at the Medical University of South Carolina show that Ellagic Acid has "proven to be effective in preventing cancer, inhibiting the growth of cancer cells." In addition, Ellagic acid acts as a scavenger to bind cancer-causing chemicals, making them inactive.
ELECTRONIC THERAPIES: Rife, Beck, Clark, and others have used electronic therapies to treat cancer. Many have had successes treating cancer using these devices.
- Electrotherapy, also known as electrochemical tumor therapy, Galvanotherapie and electro-cancer treatment (ECT), was developed in Europe by the Swedish professor Björn Nordenström and the Austrian doctor Rudolf Pekar. The therapy employs galvanic electrical stimulation to treat tumors and skin cancers. ECT is used most often as an adjunct with other therapies. Using local anesthesia, the physician inserts a positively-charged platinum, gold or silver needle into the tumor and places negatively-charged needles around the tumor. Voltages of 6 to 15 volts are used, dependent upon tumor size. To enhance the cancer-cell-killing power of ECT, sometimes small amounts of chemotherapy agents are applied to the skin and driven into the tumor by a kind of sweating effect of the electric current ("iontophoresis"). ECT works by influencing the acid/alkaline (pH) levels within the tumor and causing electrolysis of its tissue, which is more susceptible to direct current than normal tissue. The pH change depolarizes cancer cell membranes and causes tumors to be gently destroyed. The ECT process also appears to generate heat shock proteins around the cancer cells, inducing cell-specific immunity. This process triggers Natural Killer cells.
- Magnetic Resonance or Bio-resonance: A newer technique based on an older technology. All cells have a natural frequency of resonance and cancer cells differ in frequency from normal cells. Radio waves set to resonate with cancer cell frequencies can destroy them similar to the way a high pitched note breaks a glass. It has never been adopted by the conventional medical establishment in the United States, but Bio-resonance devices have been in use in Europe for 23 years.
- Radiowaves set to resonate with certain frequencies can harm the cancer cells similar to the way in which a tone set to the proper pitch can shatter glass without harming other adjacent substances.
- Zappers are discussed below
ENZYMATIC THERAPY: Enzyme therapy is generally broken down into two types: food enzymes and Proteolitic enzymes. Several researchers including Dr. John Beard, Dr. Ernst Krebs, Jr., and Dr. Dean Burk found that the cancer cell is coated with a protein lining and that it is this protein lining (or covering) that prevents the body’s normal defenses from getting to the cancer cell. They found that, if you can dissolve the protein lining from around the cancer cell, the body’s normal defenses, the leukocytes (white blood cells), will destroy the cancer cell. Woebenzyme is a product from Germany that appears to do just that. Chapters five and six of the book World Without Cancer describe this process in more detail.
- The FDA has approved the Orphan Drug application of Wobe-Mugos as an adjunct therapy for multiple myeloma. Wobe-Mugos is a combination of systemic enzymes, used successfully in Europe in conjunction with chemotherapy since 1977.
DIET AND FOOD THERAPIES: Many centers are using a variety of food therapies to treat cancer. Max Gerson began in the fifties saving lives using a strict diet of fresh vegetables and fruit. Many people have had successes just using a macrobiotic diet, vegetarian diets, and the Budwig diet. Others add products like wheat grass, barley green, and broccoli sprouts to their diet because of special properties they contain. For example, broccoli sprouts (not just broccoli) contains a cancer-fighting agent known as sulforaphane that prompts the body to make an enzyme that prevents tumors from forming. For more information, go to our list of cancer fighting foods.
- Budwig diet/flax seed oil: The Flax seed (Linseed) oil diet was originally proposed by Dr. Johanna Budwig, a German biochemist and expert on fats and oils in 1951. Her simple formula of two tablespoons of flaxseed oil to a quarter cup of low fat cottage cheese (or other foods containing sulfur) helps increase metabolism, boosts the immune systems, reduces cholesterol levels, and helps inhibit cancer-cell growth.
- Hallelujah Acres Diet developed by Dr. George Malkmus is a vegetarian diet that has helped with a variety of diseases, including cancer. For more information, go to their website at http://www.hacres.com/.
- Low sugar Diets seem to starve cancer cells. Cancer cells seem to use sugar as their basic "fuel." In addition, a high sugar intake seems to increase factors in the body responsible for creating conditions that encourage cancer to grow - for example, high acidosis, immune system suppression and prosglandin production.
GERSON: The Gerson therapy consists of detoxification and diet. Detoxification involves the use of coffee enemas. The theory behind this is that caffeine is rapidly absorbed through the lower bowel and travels directly to the liver where it stimulates the production of natural immune factors. Care must be taken not to over-stimulate the liver which could eventually lead to its fatigue and malfunction. The diet is similar to the Laetrile diet, but is more strict. It includes twelve or more glasses daily of freshly pressed fruit and vegetable juices, a daily vegetable soup, and potassium/iodine supplements. The therapy was developed by Dr. Max Gerson, a graduate of the University of Freiburg Medical School in Germany who fled to the U.S. in 1936 as a refugee of fascism. For more information, go to our Gerson Institute page.
GLYCOALKALOIDS: These are used mostly for skin cancers. Lane Labs has done studies using their product "Skin Answer" and has had good results on squamous cell carcinomas. However, melanomas are not treated using this.
GREEN TEA: This is a popular cancer preventative and a favorite of the Asians for centuries. Dr. Fujiki, of Japan's National Cancer Center says "Green tea cannot prevent every cancer, but it's the cheapest and most reliable method for cancer prevention available to the general public." The active ingredient is a chemical compound abbreviated to EGCG, which has strong free-radical-scavenging properties.
HAELAN: Haelan is a promising nutritional-based anti-cancer agent made from liquid soy bean extract. Its array of benefits include blocking cancer-cell blood supplies, enzymatic activity, tumor reduction, and boosting of the immune system. It has also been found to help relieve the side-effects of conventional cancer therapies.
HERBAL EXTRACTS/PLANT PRODUCTS: There are many herbal extracts and concoctions and plant products used to treat cancer. These include:
- Artemesia, also known as wormwood is being researched as a safe, non-toxic, and inexpensive alternative for cancer patients.
- Italian researchers have found that an extract from the chuchuhuasi tree fights tumors and reduces inflammation. (It is often used for arthritis.) We have not had time to research this product.
- Essiac tea is an herbal concoction composed of Burdock, Indian Rhubarb, Sorrel, Slippery Elm and other ingredients. It was developed by a nurse in Canada, Rene Caisse (Essiac is Caisse spelled backward). Caisse gave the formula to a company in Canada who markets the product today. Indian Rhubarb contains benzaldehyde, one of the components of Amygdalin (Laetrile). Many alternative physicians use Essiac to help cleanse the blood, especially if a patient has been on chemotherapy or radiation. Note: Not all formulas being sold today are authentic. To read more about Essiac go to Rene Caisse's story.
- Hoxsey is an herbal concoction composed of poke root, burdock root, barberry root, buckthorn bark, and stillinga root. It is administered in two forms. One is taken orally and the other is a salve (containing blood root) which, if the tumor is on or close to the surface of the skin, is applied topically. The formula was first used in 1924 by Harry M. Hoxsey, a controversial and colorful figure who said he obtained it from his grandfather. The elder Hoxsey was a farmer who observed one of his horses apparently cure itself of cancer by instinctively eating certain plants. Many plants which animals seek when they are ill contain nitrilosides. Amygdalin (Laetrile) is classified as a nitriloside. For more information on Hoxsey, go to our books and videos section or the clinic page.
- Pau D'Arco is an extract from the inner bark of a certain South American tree. Lapachol, the active ingredient, can produce strong biological responses against cancer. It is said that the pau d'arco tree yields lapachol and 20 other compounds that may be useful in treating cancer, lupus, diabetes and Hodgkin's Disease.
- Radium weed, also known as petty spurge or Euphorbia peplus, may hold the key to treatment of non-melanoma skin cancer. It has been used as a folk treatment for skin conditions for hundreds of years. An Australian company Peplin Biotech has been studying the active compounds in the weed and finding very good results.
- Red Clover - Used for centuries. The National Cancer Institute researched the herb and found 4 anti-tumor compounds in red clover.
- Saw Palmetto is often used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Tian Xian (pronounced "Dianne Sean") is a Chinese herbal supplement with ingredients that help control, inhibit and destroy cancer cells. Go to http://www.tianxian.com/english/index.shtml or http://www.cancer-herbs.com/contact/index.html for information.
HYDRAZINE SULFATE: This is a common industrial chemical that was first proposed in the treatment of cancer in the 1970s by Joseph Gold, M.D., of the Syracuse Cancer Research Institute. Its use is based on the fact that cancer is known to derive energy from fermenting sugar instead of by burning oxygen, as do other cells. Gold reasoned that hydrazine sulfate would inhibit the liver's ability to deliver sugar to the tumor and, in that way, inhibit tumor growth. Although this is an alternative cancer treatment, it cannot be considered a natural therapy because it is not based on any known mechanism of the body. However, the advocates of hydrazine sulfate claim that it is useful in combating cachexia, the extreme loss of weight that often is associated with the terminal stage of cancer. More info is at Syracuse Cancer Research Institute's website at http://scri.ngen.com/ or http://www.kathykeeton-cancer.com/ or have your doctor call them at 315.472.6616. However there are cautions that should be considered before you use this product. Recipes for those using the product (tyramine-free, vinegar-free... etc.) are available at http://www.angelfire.com/music/fiddle/recipes/recipesindex.html.
HYPERTHERMIA: The theory behind hyperthermia (heat therapy) is that raising the temperature of the body increases circulation and also increases the supply of oxygen to the cancer site. Cancer cells do not thrive in the presence of oxygen. Tumors and cells located near the surface of the body are more vulnerable to heat treatments than those protected deep inside. Although the prolonged high temperatures can be uncomfortable to the patient, this treatment has produced excellent results.
IMMUNE-SYSTEM BOOSTERS/IMMUNO THERAPIES: Also called Biological Response Modifier Therapy. A biological response modifier is a substance that stimulates the body's response to infection and disease. Products like Colostrum, MGN3, IP6 (Inostal), Iscador (Mistletoe), and mushroom extracts help rebuild the immune system and have been successful in fighting and in many cases reversing cancers. Many centers use some form of immuno therapy. Some use herbs, such as Echinacea, Pau D'arco, and Mistletoe, while others use those factors found in a healthy immune system already such as interferon, interleukin, gamma globulin, and tumor necrosis factor (TNF).
- Agaricus mushrooms from Brazil have been found to be very potent.
- Aloe vera helps the body fight infections and malignant cells. It is also a detoxifier and an immunomodulator, meaning it will balance your immune system.
- Alpha lipoic acid has been found to have a number of positive impacts in relation to cancer. In its antioxidant capacity, it protects a complex called NF kappa B. NF Kappa B is involved in controlling cell division and is often damaged in cancer cells (by free radicals). When this damage happens NF Kappa B is activated and oncogenes can take over the cell cycle leading to uncontrolled cell division and cancer. ALA in conjunction with N-Acetyl Cysteine has been found to repair functional defects in the immune systems of cancer patients as well.
- Beta Glucan helps build up ones immunity and can have anti-tumor effects.
- Carnivora is an extract of the Venus Fly Trap plant. Carnivora externally applied has helped with skin cancers and when taken in capsules, may stop the halt or reduce tumor growth. The active component of carnivora is plumbagin, a powerful immunological booster.
- Chlorella, a single cell algae, also helps build the immune system.
- Colostrum is the fluid given by the mother's breast within 24 hours after giving birth. It is a nutrient loaded with immune-system boosters. Colostrum collected from calves are a good source and can be found at many health food stores.
- Ganoderma is a unique product containing vitamins, minerals, and different mushroom species. It helps build the immune system and helps with detoxification, especially of the liver. It also helps with the side effects of chemo and radiation.
- Graviola - see Herbal/Plant Products above
- Inositol is a natural phytochemical (plant chemical) found in rice bran. Several studies since the mid-1980s have shown it to increase Natural Killer (NK) cell activity and exhibit anti-tumor activity.
- Interferon, or the Koch serum which is supposed to force the body to create interferon, stimulate the growth of certain disease-fighting blood cells in the immune system, and to help slow tumor growth. These substances are normally produced by the body, but some are produced in the laboratory.
- Interleukin-2 is a synthetic version of a naturally-occurring cytokine found in the human immune system. In conventional treatment, larger doses of this are used vs. smaller amounts used by alternative clinics. Also, recent studies seem to indicate that melatonin combined with IL-2 may be more effective than chemotherapy in treating lung cancer.
- Iscador is an extract of Mistletoe.
- MGN3 was developed by Dr. Mamdooh Ghoneum from extracts of rice bran and mushrooms. In published studies, MGN-3 was shown to greatly increase NK cell activity. One source is Lane Labs.
- Shark Liver Oil (below) is another good immune system builder.
Insulin Potentiation Therapy: IPT is an innovation in cancer care using insulin to magnify the powerful cell-killing effects of ordinary chemotherapy drugs, which can then be used in very low doses. Because cancer cells have so many more insulin receptors than normal cells, insulin acts on them much more strongly. The end result here is that the chemotherapy drugs get effectively targeted just on the cancer cells to kill them, with little or no effects on normal tissues. Thus IPT can avoid the dose-related side effects of chemotherapy. One of the clinics using this approach is Contemporary Medicine, run by Dr. Steven Ayers.
METABOLIC THERAPY: The dictionary definition of the word metabolic is that which pertains to the physical and chemical processes involved in the maintenance of life. There are two kinds of metabolism: anabolism, the process by which simple substances are synthesized into complex ones; and catabolism, the process by which complex structures are broken down into simple ones. Anabolism is associated with the growth and repair of healthy tissue. Catabolism is associated with the disease state and the breakdown of tissue. When the term metabolic therapy is used by doctors of alternative medicine, it denotes, not a specific therapy, but a category of treatments which are non-toxic, non-invasive, and which support the anabolic process. Diet and enzymes are key in this type of therapy. Dr. William Kelly and Dr. Nicholas Gonzales are well known for their use of metabolic therapy in treating cancer. Dr. Kelly's book is online at www.drkelley.com/CANLIVER55.html, or you can order it from Christian Cancer Volunteers at 316-290-2128.
Mind/Body Approaches: We have a page devoted to mind/body approaches at http://www.cancure.org/mind_body.htm.
OXYGEN AND OZONE TREATMENT: The key to this therapy is getting elevated concentrations of oxygen into the body or tumor using various means. Nobel Prize winner Dr. Otto Warburg showed that cancer cells do not occur in a healthy, oxygenated environment. Many think lack of oxygen is the prime cause of all cancers. An impressive variety of new ways to introduce oxygen into the body are emerging including pressure chambers, liquid oxygen, peroxide, chemical compounds, acid/alkaline balancing, injections, and ozone treatments. Flooding cells with oxygen may retard the growth of cancer cells or even help to return them to normal.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is a form of ozone treatment. Administered intra-veneously, this therapy supplies an abundance of oxygen to the cancer site. Since cancer thrives in a fermentive state and does not do well in the presence of oxygen, the effect is to inhibit or destroy the cancer. As with hydrazine sulphate, this is not a mechanism found in nature, but many patients claim to have had their cancers put into remission with this treatment.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is generally used for strokes and brain damage, but has been used by some clinics for treating cancer. For more information contact the American College of Hyperbaric Medicine in Florida at (305) 771-4000.
- Ozone therapy has been widely used in Europe for many years. Ozone (O3) is a highly active form of oxygen. Because it has powerful antiviral properties, it is also used in treating AIDS. In the body, ozone gives off O which kills viruses and bacteria. It also creates an oxygen-rich environment that may force cancer cells to shift from an anaerobic metabolism to an aerobic, or oxygen-based, metabolism. Ozone also produces molecular oxygen (O2), in the same way that hydrogen peroxide does.
PolyMVA: (Poly for polynucleotide reductase and MVA = mineral, vitamins and amino acids) is a nontoxic antioxidant liquid formula composed of alpha lipoic acid and the element palladium. Poly-MVA is a compound that contains various minerals, vitamins, and amino acids such as lipoic acid, palladium, B 12, and other B complex vitamins. It is promoted as a nutritional supplement that is a nontoxic alternative to chemotherapy. Because it is said to be able to cross the blood brain barrier, this product is usually used with brain tumors, but it is said to be effective against tumors in the brain, lung, ovaries, and breast, and that it boosts the immune system, reduces pain, and helps people regain energy and appetite. It is considered a powerful antioxidant that can turn the toxins released by cancer into energy. According to its manufacturers, the compound attacks cancerous cells and protects DNA and RNA. They contend that the lipoic acid allows the various minerals, vitamins, and amino acids to be easily absorbed into the system where they can kill cancerous cells. Call 800-960-6760 for a packet of info or to order the product or got to www.polymva.net for more information.
SHARK CARTILAGE: Much attention has been focused on shark cartilage as a treatment for cancer. It is believed that it inhibits a tumor's ability to create new blood vessels thereby starving it away. Questions have arisen about the statement that "Shark's don't get cancer." New studies may show that sharks do get cancer, but even if they don't, it is has been theorized that this may be because of the mineral rich environment sharks live in and not due to the "shark cartilage." More information is needed on this type of therapy. One of the most popular sources of shark cartilage is BeneFin by Lane Labs.
Shark Liver Oil contains Alkylglycerols, chemicals that are found in mother's milk, the immune system organs: liver, spleen, bone marrow, lymphatic tissues, and in the blood. One chemical found in Shark Liver Oil is squalamine, which appears to shut down a tumor's ability to connect to and develop its own blood supply, and may be helpful in brain cancer. It is another good immune system builder. Go to Lane Labs for more information.
714X (Naessen) or "Immunostim": 714X is a less documented but impressive cancer treatment based on the microorganism theory of cancer. (For more information on this, see Zappers and Anti-Parasitic herbals below.) Scientist Gaston Naessens developed a highly advanced new form of microscope which led him to the discovery of a controversial blood microorganism he named "somatid." From this he developed a therapeutic treatment for cancer and even AIDS. 714X is a homeopathic combination of ammonium compounds, camphor, phosphors and salts of silicate. A similar product is Immunostim. Recently NCI has agreed to study 714X. For details, go to http://www.naturalhealthline.com/newsletter/1june01/714x.htm and http://naturalhealthline.com/newsletter/15sep01/714x.htm.
WHEAT GRASS: This therapy consists primarily of detoxification and consuming a wheat-grass drink several times each day. Fresh wheat grass in this form is a potent source of many vitamins, minerals and plant enzymes. Thus, it is said to be nature's own nutritional program. Wheat grass also contains Amygdalin/Laetrile, although other sources, such as apricot seeds are more potent.
VACCINES: Many clinics have developed vaccines that they use to treat cancer. One vaccine called Coley's Toxins, developed by Dr. William Coley, appears to stimulate the body to create an anti-cancer immune system response. Clinics that use vaccines include: American Metabolic, BioPulse, and International Center for Medical & Biological Research, Inc., all in Mexico.
Dendritic cell cancer vaccines are special vaccines that use the body's natural defense system to combat cancer. Dendritic cells are a specialized type of immune system cells. Dendritic cells initiate the immune response by processing antigen and presenting it to lymphocytes to stimulate production of more lymphocytes. BioPulse is one of the clinics on the forefront of this specialized technology.
VG-1000 Vaccine is a specialized vaccine developed by Dr. Valentin I. Govallo, MD, PhD, which undermines the cancer cells defense mechanisms. This vaccine is most beneficial in treating carcinomas and melanomas, and it is also indicated for some sarcomas (cancers of muscle, bone, and connective tissue) and in leukemia. Patients recently subjected to chemotherapy or radiation respond more slowly to VG-1000 as they have a depressed immune system. However, patients who have had neither radiation nor chemotherapy respond favorably. Thus VG-1000 is clearly indicated as first-line treatment for persons with recently diagnosed cancers, as well as to help prevent recurrence. This treatment is now available at two specialized facilities in North America, The Immuno-Augmentative Clinic in Freeport, Grand Bahamas, and also CHIPSA's - Center for Integrative Medicine in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico.
ZAPPERS AND ANTI-PARASITIC HERBALS: The thesis behind this theory is that all diseases are caused by parasites (including flukes) and that all one has to do to eliminate the disease state is to eliminate the parasites. The two methods normally advocated are (1) passing a low-amperage electrical current through the body via a small, battery-powered device called a "zapper" and/or (2) consuming a combination of anti-parasitic herbals. There is strong evidence to support this theory, and we at The Cancer Cure Foundation know that positive results are often obtained. However, we question the explanations of why this works. It is our view that the parasites are not the cause of diseases but the result of them. It is possible that the disease state is caused by a low electrical charge at the sub-cellular level which leads to an acidic environment. It is this environment that, not only causes the cells to malfunction (thus, the diseases), but which also reduces the cell's defenses against parasites. Anything which raises the electrical potential of the cells (the zapper?) or which moves the body toward an alkaline state (the herbs?) will produce the desired healing effect. It is possible that the herbs also have a genuine anti-parasitic effect in their own right by being selectively toxic to the parasites. However, if the electrical concept is valid, then the long-term healing effect is attributable, not to the herbal therapy, but the electrical therapy.
One of the pioneers in the use of zappers and anti-parasitic herbals is Dr. Clark. Her website is www.drclark.net. Recently her clinic in Mexico was closed, but we understand that she will be opening a clinic in Switzerland. We will post details as they become available.
Alternative therapies continued on next page